Marine Pest Sectoral Committee, 2009
For crew and operators of offshore petroleum and exploration activities.
Use these guidelines to prevent biofouling. Reduce the risk of spreading marine pests. Learn how to manage biofouling on your:
- submersible equipment
Types of petroleum vessel
These guidelines apply to:
- offshore support vessels including
- utility support vessels
- platform supply vessels
- anchor handling tug supply vessels
- mobile offshore drilling units including
- jack-up units
- drilling barges
- semi-submersible ships
- crew transfer vessels
- diving support vessels
- accommodation vessels
- seismic survey vessels
- landing craft
- pipelay ships and barges
- floating production, storage and offloading vessels (FPSO)
- floating storage and offloading vessels (FSO).
For oil tankers and gas carriers, read the
commercial vessel guidelines.
For heavy lift vessels and dredges, read the
non-trading vessel guidelines.
If you are having trouble accessing this file,
contact us for help.