Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, 2018
Molecular surveillance techniques rely on the validation of assays for target marine pests. Molecular assays are tests used to detect target DNA. You can use assays to:
- identity marine pest species
- determine if a marine pest is present at a location in the environment.
This guide gives you advice on consistent and comparable validation processes to develop assays.
Marine pest molecular assays can be used for:
- environmental surveillance for marine pests
- ballast water management
- species identification or confirmation
- early detection
- tracing the source of marine pest incursions.
If you are having trouble accessing these files, contact us for help.