Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, 2021
The Biosecurity Incident Management System: Marine pest version forms part of the Marine Pest Emergency Response Guides which includes the Marine Pest Response Manuals and the Marine Pest Management Manual (in development).
The Biosecurity Incident Management System: Marine pest version (BIMS:MPV) provides general guidance on the management of biosecurity incident response and initial recovery operations in Australia, with additional operational considerations that are unique to marine biosecurity responses. BIMS:MPV offers consistent terminology and processes across multiple biosecurity response types within Australia.
BIMS:MPV offers guidance on:
- initiating a biosecurity incident response and determining scope
- processes required when undertaking a biosecurity incident response
- post-action review of a biosecurity incident response
- responsibilities and lines of communication between control centres, consultative committees and jurisdictional and/or national management groups
- roles and responsibilities within an incident management team (see Figure 1)
- standard incident management terminology
- operational considerations specific to marine biosecurity responses.
BIMS:MPV may be used when:
- planning for response to marine pest biosecurity incidents
- conducting staff training and development activities
- designing and conducting exercises that focus on elements of a marine pest biosecurity response
- responding to marine pest biosecurity incidents
- planning and conducting evaluation of any of the above activities.
If you are having trouble accessing this file, contact us for help.