The National Introduced Marine Pest Information System (NIMPIS) provides information on the biology, ecology and the distribution of marine pests either established or that pose a risk of future introduction to Australia.
Data we collect
NIMPIS provides information on over 100 marine pests. The information includes:
- how they survive
- reproduction and growth
- feeding behaviours, competitors and predators
- entry pathways
- known locations
- control options
Use the data
NIMPIS provides biosecurity managers with information to assist in developing emergency response plans, stop the spread of marine pests in Australia and share marine pest surveillance data in their areas.
Anyone can use NIMPIS to:
- help identify marine pests in their areas
- help prevent the introduction and spread of marine pests
- view known locations of marine pests.
Share new data
This database contains over:
- 100 introduced marine species
- 600 images
- 3000 references.
We encourage you to share any new information on marine pests or suspected marine pest detections.
You can email email@example.com.