Marine Pest Sectoral Committee, 2019
Australia’s national strategy for marine pest surveillance. The strategy:
- outlines our national surveillance priorities
- sets our strategic direction for investment in surveillance over the next 5 years, 2021–2026.
There are four objectives in the strategy:
- To define the need, objectives and scope for surveillance.
- To describe the different components and types of surveillance required to meet those objectives.
- To outline a nationally agreed approach to marine pest surveillance.
- To outline stakeholder roles and responsibilities, including identification of lead agencies for surveillance and communication.
Each objective is supported by activities that address specific marine pest surveillance issues.
The National Marine Pest Surveillance Work Plan will be used to guide implementation of the Surveillance Strategy.
- National Marine Pest Surveillance Strategy (PDF 823 KB)
- National Marine Pest Surveillance Strategy (DOCX 467 KB)
If you're having trouble accessing this file, contact us for help.